Section 3.100 - Town Staff
In addition to any authority granted to the Planning Director by other ordinances of the Town of Huntersville, the Planning Director and the employees under his or her direction, and such agent as may, from time to time, be designated by the Board of Commissioners to administer the Subdivision Ordinance (Designee), will have the following duties in accordance with these regulations. (Number 94-17; 12/06/94)
1. To review all petitions for subdivisions of land, within the authority and jurisdiction of these regulations, and comment on completeness of petitions and conformity to the requirements of these regulations.
2. To review and provide comments on variance petitions.
3. To maintain files and other public records related to the administration and enforcement of these regulations.
4. To comment on proposed amendments to these regulations.
5. To interpret the provisions of these regulations.
6. To coordinate all local, state, and other appropriate agency review and comment on all subdivisions proposed under these regulations.
7. To establish such procedures as necessary and proper for the administration of their responsibilities under these regulations.
8. To approve for recordation in the Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds those divisions of land which, according to the definition of Subdivision found in Section 2.100, are not subject to the requirements of this ordinance.
9. To approve for recordation in the Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds those divisions of land, defined as Limited Subdivisions and Minor Subdivisions in Section 2.100, which meet the standards of the Subdivision Ordinance and Zoning Ordinance, except as otherwise provided in Section 6.550.
10. To approve Major Subdivision Preliminary Plans and Final Plats which are identical to, or include only minor revision(s) to the approved sketch plan. Major revisions include, but are not limited to, the addition of lots, the addition of streets, change(s) to the pattern of street connections, changes to open space provisions, reduction in dedications to the public, or any other feature(s) of the subdivision which assumed significance at the time of sketch plan approval.
11. To approve minor revisions to sketch plans, preliminary plans and final plats; Minor revisions include, but are not limited to, minor shifts in street and open space location, minor changes to lot and/or unit count not inconsistent with the intent of the most detailed plan approved by the Board of Commissioners, and other changes which do not alter the overall layout of the plan.
12. To approve subdivision sketch plans that are consistent with or show minor changes to an approved conditional rezoning plan. Minor changes to a conditional rezoning plan shall include, but no be limited to, minor shifts in street and open space location (not less open space), fewer lots and other changes which do not alter the overall layout of the plan or which were significant at the time of the conditional rezoning plan approval.
13. To approve final plats for recordation in conjunction with an Expedited Subdivision Review.