Bond Information and Forms
Builders, developers, or owners of public improvements must establish a bond or surety as part of the land development process. The bond will remain in place until the public improvements are completed or a maintenance period has been successfully fulfilled. If the builder, developer, or owner fails to meet the obligation to complete public improvements, the Town of Huntersville can use bond monies to complete the improvements.
Categories of Bonds
Types of Bonds
Acceptable methods of providing funds include:
Bond Processing Fees
- Posting of a new bond $500
- Bond renewal (each year the Construction Bond is required) $500
- Bond reduction $500
A one-time reduction per life cycle of a bond is allowed. A reduction request must be submitted 60 days prior to the bond expiration date.
- Bond replacement $500
Process and associated fee applies when:
- Replacing one type of surety with another type, or
- If changing principal owners, or
- Replacing a Construction Bond with a Maintenance Bond.
Roadway Maintenance Bond process and information must be submitted to the Town 60 days or more prior to the construction bond expiration date. The RWM bond duration is one year from the date the Town Board accepts the subdivision streets.
- Final Release of a bond $500
Fees are subject to change.
Obtaining a NEW Bond
All projects must be submitted to the Town Land Development staff for review.
Submit a project or subdivision bond estimate request to the Town by completing the Bond Inspection Request Form (BAINSP)
The Project Engineer must complete a Bond Estimate Form . Submit the Bond Estimate Form along with the Bond Inspection Request Form (BAINSP) (from Step 2 above). The form should not be signed or sealed until approved. If a plat is required, the Bond Estimate Form should be submitted with the plat submittal. Submit both forms:
- via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- or via USPS/FedEx/Courier.
Town of Huntersville
105 Gilead Road, Suite 300
Huntersville, NC 28078
Attn: Kim Behrenbrinker
The submitted information will be reviewed and a field inspection performed to verify current project status. The Bond Administrator will email the applicant with the approved bond amount and the appropriate Guarantee of Installation form.
The applicant must submit the following original documents to secure a bond:
- The approved, signed and sealed Bond Estimate Form
- The completed, appropriate Guarantee of Installation form and Attachment
- Letter of Credit Installation Form (Form BA071902). Also provide the Town of Huntersville Letter of Credit Instructions Form LOC0719 to the financial institution that will generate the Letter of Credit. This exact verbiage must be used by the bank.
- Cash Guarantee of Installation Form (Form BA071903)
- Surety Guarantee of Installation Form (Form BA071901)
- the original bond itself (Letter of Credit, Cash or Surety)
- the appropriate bond fee
- via check, made payable to "Town of Huntersville"
- via credit card payable on the Town website.
Bond REPLACEMENT, REDUCTION or RELEASE
To reduce, release or replace a bond, the applicant must complete the following steps;
- Fill out the Bond Inspection Request Form (BAINSP) for the project or subdivision and submits the completed form, via email, to email@example.com
- Pay the bond fee
Once steps 1 and 2 above are completed and submitted to the Town, the Bond Administrator will inform the proper entities of the request.
A field inspection is conducted to verify project conditions
The applicant is notified via email and provided further instructions to complete the request.
The bond will not be accepted until all approvals, outstanding fees and requirements are satisfied.
Please note the bond request may result in a bond amount increase due to current project conditions.