Board of Adjustment
This Board handles issues that arise from the enforcement of the Huntersville Zoning Ordinance on individual properties; such as variance requests for relief from the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance, and appeals from determinations or decisions made by Planning Staff. The Board of Adjustment also acts as the Water Review Board for Density Averaging Certificates. Requests are heard in a quasi-judicial (court style) manner in which sworn testimony is given and decisions are based on facts and evidence presented.
- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Town Hall
101 Huntersville-Concord Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
- Edward Cecil, Chairman (Term expires: June 2023)
- Bethany Welch, Vice Chairman (Term expires: June 2021)
- Joseph Kluttz III (Term expires: June 2021)
- Dennis Brewer (Term expires: June 2021)
- Steven Genenbacher (Term expires: June 2023)
- Toniann Primiano (Term expires: June 2022)
- Wilbur Smith, ETJ Member (Term expires: June 2021)
- Jonathan Bradshaw, Alternate Member (Term expires: June 2023)
- Jason Loucks, Alternate Member (Term expires: June 2022)
- Peter Jacobson, Alternate Member (Term expires: June 2022)
The Board of Adjustment ("BOA") is a citizen committee appointed by the Town Board of Commissioners consisting of 7 Regular Members, and 3 Alternate Members comprised of citizens residing in the Town limits and the Town's extraterritorial jurisdiction ("ETJ").
If interested in serving on the Board, complete and submit an application (PDF). Applications can also be picked up from the Planning Department located in the Town Center, 3rd Floor, 105 Gilead Road, during normal working hours.