Farmhouse Clusters are subdivisions with unique provisions that include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum project area of 10 acres.
- Two farmhouse cluster developments are permitted on 20 acres, with special conditions.
- At least 50% of the project area shall be designated as open space.
- A minimum of 30 feet of road frontage on a public road either by fee simple ownership or exclusive easement is required.
- Private drives/streets are allowed within farmhouse clusters, but they must be constructed to the standards of the Town Public Works Department. Please refer to the Town Engineering/Public Works Standards for details.
- Gates are permitted for farmhouse cluster developments.
- An association of all property owners shall be established for maintenance of all commonly held spaces. Where there are no common open spaces, except for a shared driveway or private street, a legally binding shared driveway and/or private street use and maintenance agreement shall be filed with the Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds Office.
Please contact the Town of Huntersville Planning Department (704-875-7000) if you would like to learn more about development requirements for farmhouse clusters.