Recycling is collected once every two weeks by Waste Connections on the same day as trash and yard waste collection. Recycling should be curbside in the designated blue container by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day. The method of collection is single-stream, so all recyclable items can be placed into your 96 gallon cart. For additional information on recyclables and Mecklenburg County Convenience Center operations, please visit www.wipeoutwaste.com.
- Do not bag up recyclables.
- Please leave space between all curbside containers of 3 feet. Leave 2 feet between a container and stationary object such as a mailbox.
- Do not put household bulk trash into your recycling container. Just because it fits, does not mean it belongs there. You can have bulk trash picked up by arranging a or disposing of it at a .
- Rinse food and residue from your recyclables.
- Make sure your container lid is completely shut when placing it curbside.
- Only place items designated for recycling into your curbside containers. Learn more by visiting www.wipeoutwaste.com.
- Please do not place plastic bags or wraps in your container.
- Do not put electronics or batteries in your curbside containers.
Recycling that does not meet the above criteria will be tagged as non-compliant. If the resident makes recycling conform, it will be collected at the next regularly scheduled pick-up.