March 16, 2020 7:20 PM
General Town Updates and Impacts from Coronavirus
Town of Huntersville – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Effective at 5pm on 3/18/2020, all town offices will close to walk-in traffic until further notice.
• Town Board Meetings will be held as scheduled and streamed via Facebook Live for remote viewing. Beginning in September, board meetings with quasi-judicial proceedings will be held in person at the Huntersville Recreation Center (11836 Verhoeff Dr). Social distancing will be observed and face coverings required for attendees. Temperature checks will also be given.
• Town Committee and Advisory Board Meetings - These meetings are being held virtually. The Board of Adjustment held its August meeting in person as it handles cases in a quasi-judicial manner. It will likely continue to meet in person as cases arise.
• Town Offices remain closed to the public and will have limited staffing.
• Parks and Recreation Outdoor Facilities (Parks and Greenways) remain open.
• Parks and Recreation Facility Rentals have been canceled and discontinued until further notice. All canceled rentals will receive a full refund.
• See alert for parks for latest update on Park Operations.
• Huntersville Police Department – Effective immediately, HPD will be suspending all non-essential meetings and services until further notice. This includes the Citizens Police Academy, fingerprinting, facility tours.
• Town Staffing - The Town is looking at flex schedules and / or vacation/sick leave for staff to handle obligations associated with childcare affected by COVID-19 and work remote to the extent possible.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we strive to keep our residents and staff healthy at this time. View the latest info from the Governor's office at: https://www.nc.gov/covid19.