On April 4, 2022, Mecklenburg County will begin accepting applications for its Mortgage Assistance Payment Program.
The program is designed to provide financial assistance to homeowners located in the six towns and unincorporated areas of the County who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
The Mortgage Assistance Payment Program is available thanks to CARES Act funding provided through the Community Block Development Grant.
Low to moderate income residents located in the 6 towns and unincorporated areas of the County who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19 are invited to apply. Eligible homeowners can receive up to 6 months of consecutive payments to use toward their mortgage payments including principal, interest, taxes, and insurance.
To be eligible, homeowners must:
- Reside in the towns and/or unincorporated areas of the County
- Have a household income of up to 80% Area Median Income (AMI) at the time of application
- Homeowners must have been current on mortgage prior to the COVID-19 hardship
- Homeowners must have a COVID-19 related loss of income or other qualifying criteria
Homeowners must also prove income loss or increased costs-related to childcare due to COVID-19 including:
- Reduction of work hours
- Job loss or furlough
- COVID-19 illness of self or immediate family member
Applications will be accepted until funds are depleted. To apply for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Program or to review eligibility requirements, visit RampCharMeck.com. Homeowners with questions about the application process may call the Mortgage Payment Assistance Hotline at 704-343-4692.
The RampCharMeck.com website is also currently accepting applications for rent, hotel, and utility assistance through April 15th.