Dr. William Speight McLean Davidson was a prominent physician and farmer. He received his B.A. from Davidson College in 1840, as a member of its first graduating class. Davidson’s medical practice extended from Long Creek to the Iredell County line and he traveled extensively to visit patients, as well as treated them at his home. His home, Ingleside, is on the National Register of Historic Places and sits on Bud Henderson Road.