As part of the background investigation, applicants for most positions will be required to submit the following information for review:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Credit Report
- Certified Criminal Records Checks from all counties in which candidate lived in the last 10 years. If candidate attended high school within those 10 years and the high school was located in a different county than candidate's residence, must include that county's criminal history check as well.
- Certified Driving History from all states in which candidate has lived in the past 10 years.
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of College Diploma or transcript if not graduated (if applicable)
- Copy of BLET Certificate Of Graduation (if applicable)
- Copy of Law Enforcement Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of full DD 214 (if applicable)
Out-of-state applicants who are certified law enforcement officers must also submit an official curriculum from their basic law enforcement training academy which includes a topical and hourly breakdown of the training received.
Please follow the links below for information on how to obtain your credit report and certified copies from the North Carolina Department of Transportation and North Carolina courts.
Credit Report Information
NC DOT Certified Driving Records Request
North Carolina Department of Justice