Commercial Projects

How do I obtain a commercial building permit?

Who do I discuss a commercial upfit with?

  • Commercial Customers who are interested in constructing new buildings or upfitting an existing building for a new use will need to contact the Huntersville Planning Department 704-875-7000 about the Commercial Site Plan review process and/or the Change of Use process for Land Development before beginning the building permit process with Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement

What are the commercial building codes?

  • Contact the Mecklenburg County Commercial Technical Answer Center (CTAC) at 704-336-3829 for questions regarding commercial building codes. 

How do I locate the zoning of a property? 

  • Visit the project map > Select the Zoning Map tab > Type in the address or parcel ID > Click on the identified parcel and the pop-up box will indicate the zoning. Note that some pop-up boxes have an arrow to navigate to multiple pages of information regarding the parcel. 

What are the permitted uses for a zoning?

Show All Answers

1. Accessory Dwelling/Mother-In-Law Suites
2. Building Codes
3. Building Permits
4. Business License
5. Commercial Projects
6. Decks
7. Fences
8. Home Based Businesses
9. Impervious Area or Built-Upon Area
10. Livestock (Chickens, Goats, Horses, etc.)
11. Nuisance/Violations/Mimimum HousingCode
12. Plat/Survey/Floorplan
13. Setbacks
14. Swimming Pools
15. Water/Sewer/Septic
16. Zoning